About Hoshigaki Kisame~ Background
Kisame is a former member of Kirigakure's Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist, an ever-changing group of ninja that wield particularly large weapons in battle. While in Kiri, Kisame was given the title of "Monster of the Hidden Mist".~ Appearance
He is also known to have formed a connection to Suigetsu Hozuki and his brother. His former country, the Land of Water, now seek him out, for plotting to overthrow its government and being involved in numerous assassinations, including one of a feudal lord of an unknown country.
Kisame later joined Akatsuki, and was partnered with Itachi Uchiha. Pain stated that his reason for joining Akatsuki was "spite".
Kisame is a very tall and strong shinobi, with a distinctive shark-like appearance, complete with pale blue skin, small white eyes, gill-like facial structures, and sharp triangular teeth. Even his name, Kisame, means "Demon Shark". Kisame also wears a dark purple nail color, like Itachi.~ Personality
Kisame is rather battle-loving, enjoying to fight with others. However, Kisame is usually forced to leave a fight, being paired with Itachi (who only fights when necessary).
When this happens, he has been known to inform his opponent(s) that they "don't know how lucky they are".
Like other characters who have trained to be one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen, Kisame enjoys mutilating his opponents, as seen when he suggested cutting off Naruto's legs to make him easier to carry, and to prevent the latter from escaping on foot.
Kisame is one of the few members of Akatsuki that got along well with his partner. Kisame was very loyal to Itachi, willing to take any commands he was given without question, and constantly looked out for his well-being. Although Kisame does have his pride, he acknowledged Itachi as the stronger of the duo.
Madara has noted that, out of all of Akatsuki, Kisame was the closest to Itachi, implying that they were indeed good friends.
Ever since their first encounter, he has had a deep loathing for Might Guy, since Guy seems to continue to agitate him by not remembering who Kisame is.
Kisame's AbilitiesKisame is said to be the strongest of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. He has been seen displaying astonishing speed and incredible physical strength.
At one point, Guy battled a clone of Kisame's with 30% chakra-supply, and Guy was forced to open his Sixth Chakra Gate in order to survive. He also managed to overpower another melee-weapon user, Asuma. Using only the tip of Samehada (wielded with one hand), against Asuma's two blades which he held overhead using his body as extra support.
Kisame himself proved powerful enough to successfully capture the Four-Tails's jinchu-riki, despite noting his target's exceptional powers. Though a difficult task, by his own admission, Kisame merely complained that he was "a bit tired".
Kisame's weapon is called Samehada, a sentient, scale-covered sword, that shaves skin instead of cutting it. Samehada is also capable of absorbing chakra, but requires Kisame's own chakra to perform such a feat.~ Physical Prowess and Chakra
Only Kisame is able to wield Samehada; if anyone besides him tries to pick it up, spikes protrude from its handle, and it returns to Kisame's side.
It was stated by Suigetsu that, if he kills Kisame, he would be able to wield the Samehada, but it is unknown if this is true.
Kisame has the largest chakra reserve in all of Akatsuki (according to Pain). Karin, upon sensing Kisame, stated she had never seen so much chakra in one place.~ Water Release
Even when he fought at 30% power in one instance, his chakra supply is compared to that of a Nine-Tailed Demon Fox-enhanced Naruto Uzumaki during the Chunin Exams.
Kisame's shark-like attributes carry over into his battles, for he even shapes his Water Release attacks into sharks.
He is also able to alter the entire battlefield by using his Water Release: Exploding Water Colliding Wave, to create a lake's worth of water to give him the field advantage, and to use for attacks.
* It is shown in the anime's omake specials that Kisame is insecure of his blue skin. This is portrayed when Deidara commented on how handsome his partner was, and how that must make him popular with the ladies. When he asked Kisame if he was popular with the ladies, he sulked, and replied with, "After all, I'm strangely colored".
* Kisame is the last Akatsuki member to learn of Tobi's identity as Madara Uchiha, though acted familiarity towards him, apparently having known him since his time as Mizukage.
* Before Akatsuki's plans for the tailed-beasts were revealed, and before the Three-Tailed Beast was seen, some fans believed Kisame to be the jinchuriki of the "Three-Tailed Isonade".
* At 195 centimeters, Kisame is the tallest member of Akatsuki.
* Kisame means demon shark, while Hoshigaki may mean dried persimmon.
* Kisame's favorite foods are shrimp and crab, while his least favorite, predictably, is shark fin soup.
* Kisame's hobby is taking care of his sword, Samehada.
* Kisame has completed 332 official missions in total: 3 D-rank, 68 C-rank, 154 B-rank, 78 A-rank, 29 S-rank.
~ Credits: Information extracted from Narutopedia